I signed up for Mudderella as part of the team The Mudd Angels (yeah, I think this name doesn’t really apply to me) and we pretty quickly grew to about twenty… or at least, that’s what the Facebook group says, and since it’s on Facebook, you know it’s true. Except the only two people that I knew that had also signed up, the two people I was counting on to crawl through the mud with me and stand with me in pictures while I wear ridiculous purple shorts… it sounds like they’re both not going. One of them is worried she’s not fit enough to participate, to which I say BALONEY – that’s a lame excuse. If I can do it, anyone can. So now I’ve been planning to go to this race for weeks, and I’ve been sort of nervous about it and annoyed at how expensive it was but I thought it would all be worth it to spend some time with the girls I work with that I’m not really friends with (and I was kind of only going because they were going, I don’t even know one other person on the team.) I don’t really like making plans with people if they’re just going to ditch me when something better comes along or when they just don’t feel like going.
So… should I still do the Mud Run? I feel like it won’t be as much fun if I’m going by myself.
In the DO IT column:
1. I spent a lot of money on this – like more than I’m comfortable with. What a waste it would be to just walk away.
2. I have sort of been training for this for months.
3. Why should I care what other people do? I should do this for me.
4. Maybe fun muddy pictures of me.
5. Maybe I’ll make new friends? (doubt it. I’m not exactly outgoing)
6. I’ve spent months convincing myself this would be fun, so I feel bad giving up on it now.
7. Race T-Shirt.
8. Maybe free food
In the STAY HOME column:
1. My car has been acting up a little, I’m sort of nervous to drive all the way there just in case something blows up.
2. I sort of haven’t been training for this.
3. I don’t like going places by myself – I’m really shy.
4. I’m worried it won’t be fun if I don’t have someone to share it with.
5. I’m sort of pissed about getting ditched after I signed up for something I wasn’t sure I wanted to do.
6. Our start time is 8 AM which means I have to leave my house around 6 to get there in time to sign in.
7. Oh, it’s supposed to rain. Thunder and lightning.